What's new

Mobile Game Mode in App

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Khadanja

Noticed a new tab in mobile app call Mobile Game Mode. What is it?

As far as I can tell it temporarily sets your mobile phone (that the app is running on) as the highest priority device in your network. So you should get log latency when using it for gaming.
No idea if it’s a blanket setting for all traffic to the device (so useful for non gaming stuff too) or just tries to prioritise only gaming related packets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I can tell it temporarily sets your mobile phone (that the app is running on) as the highest priority device in your network. So you should get log latency when using it for gaming.
No idea if it’s a blanket setting for all traffic to the device (so useful for non gaming stuff too) or just tries to prioritise only gaming related packets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wonder what setting it changes in the router. Will it work even with QoS disabled?

@Andy1932, 'apps', when you want to screw up everything with a single push/swipe. We've never had it so easy! :)

Just noticed this as well...turned qos off on my AC86u.
I was fooling around with my QoS tab & the cusotmize hierarchy option in the latest Merlin.
Decided to flip over to the Game tab & see what's happening there & noticed Game Device Prioritizing was turned on.
So I flipped that off since I don't game & wanted to make sure media streaming was a priority in the QoS tab.
Went back in to the QoS tab noticed that the Enable QoS toggle was now turned off.

Appears that the are interelated.

Why?

Because Game Device Prioritizing is simply QoS in red lipstick and blue eyeshadow.

Mobile Game Mode is a feature that optimizes your device's resources for gaming, typically to provide a more stable and smoother gaming experience. This can include reducing background processes, allocating more CPU and GPU resources to the game, and potentially disabling certain features or notifications to reduce distractions. The exact behavior of the Mobile Game Mode can vary depending on the specific app and device, but the overall goal is to improve the gaming experience.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums @Emmett1312.

Note you are replying to a 1yr + old thread. :)