1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Mobile Game Mode in App

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by Khadanja, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Khadanja

Khadanja Regular Contributor

Noticed a new tab in mobile app call Mobile Game Mode. What is it?

2. JDB

JDB Very Senior Member

As far as I can tell it temporarily sets your mobile phone (that the app is running on) as the highest priority device in your network. So you should get log latency when using it for gaming.
    No idea if it’s a blanket setting for all traffic to the device (so useful for non gaming stuff too) or just tries to prioritise only gaming related packets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Khadanja

Khadanja Regular Contributor

Wonder what setting it changes in the router. Will it work even with QoS disabled?

4. Andy1932

Andy1932 Senior Member

I noticed that after using it, it changed my adaptive qos settings to traditional qos.

L&LD likes this.
  5. L&LD

L&LD Part of the Furniture

@Andy1932, 'apps', when you want to screw up everything with a single push/swipe. We've never had it so easy! :)

6. Andy1932

Andy1932 Senior Member

Yep! I play PUBG mobile, so I thought it would be any easy way get highest priority. The app caused several other issues, so it was quickly deleted!

L&LD likes this.
  7. DarkKnight75

DarkKnight75 Regular Contributor

Just noticed this as well...turned qos off on my AC86u.