1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

MoCA 2.0 Bonded Speeds

Discussion in 'MoCA, HomePlug, HPNA' started by Jeff Religh, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Jeff Religh

Jeff Religh New Around Here

Hello,
    I recently got a MoCA 2.0 Bonded System, but for $120 and 'Gigabit' speeds advertised in a little disappointed. I had to run a new ethernet cable to my attic and when these die I'm just going to run a standard cat5e cable up to the wall. iPerf3 speed tests show ~790mbps speed for a completely dedicated coax cable. Are there any settings I can change in the configuration to make it go a little faster? [​IMG]

2. Jeff Religh

Jeff Religh New Around Here

note: there is no tv service or any services running, I just ran a coax cable like an ethernet cable. nothing else

3. krkaufman

krkaufman Senior Member

There are a couple threads mentioning iPerf3 options that produce higher test results.

4. Internet Man

Internet Man Senior Member

I got spotty iperf3 results with my Motorola MM1000 pair but they work very well for connecting my home theater devices on the opposite side of the house to the network. They work better than a 3x3:3 wireless link and much better than AV1000 powerline kit in that location.