What's new

Moca doesnt work

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

markcyrus

New Around Here
Hi so i recently got 2 go coax adapters. Hooked one up at my router . (Coax from the wall to the adapter ) then i plugged the ether net into the router and also the adapter . Then i went upstairs and hooked the coax from the wall into the 2nd adapter and then ran the ethernet from the adapter to my pc. It says no internet . I need help bad

The first thing you need to check is that you have continuity between the downstairs jack and the upstairs jack. You can do this by using a tester, multi-meter or if you have CATV hook a cable box and a TV to the upstairs jack and see if you get video.

If you don't have continuity then you need to find where the coaxial is distributed in your home. Might be just a splitter in the demarc and the cable to the bedroom isn't connected or in a newer home there might be a panel where all the cables to other rooms are terminated.

If you find any splitters be sure they are MOCA compatible. Also look if there is a MOCA filter installed that might be blocking the MOCA signal.

The first thing you need to check is that you have continuity between the downstairs jack and the upstairs jack. You can do this by using a tester, multi-meter or if you have CATV hook a cable box and a TV to the upstairs jack and see if you get video.

If you don't have continuity then you need to find where the coaxial is distributed in your home. Might be just a splitter in the demarc and the cable to the bedroom isn't connected or in a newer home there might be a panel where all the cables to other rooms are terminated.

If you find any splitters be sure they are MOCA compatible. Also look if there is a MOCA filter installed that might be blocking the MOCA signal.
I have cable there . I unplugged my cable box to hook up the adapter so the outlet works . And i am gonna check for spliters . I just dont know that when i hook up my go coax device to the router that if the moca light should be on always or when someone is using the network

The gocoax modems have 3 lights pwr, lan, and moca. Lan and moca will flicker when in use. Pwr should be on solid.

what is the brand and model # of the cable modem ?
Who is the provider ?

so i recently got 2 go coax adapters. Hooked one up at my router . (Coax from the wall to the adapter )
This description omits mention of the incoming coax being connected to a cable modem. What is your Internet type, cable, fiber, DSL, ...?

Then, yeah, how the locations interconnect, including through what components needs to be checked.

I just dont know that when i hook up my go coax device to the router that if the moca light should be on always or when someone is using the network
You can do a simple direct-connect test using a short coax cable between the adapters to get a feel for how the LEDs should display ... when a MoCA link is established between them, and when a device is connected to the Ethernet port. (Keep the main adapter linked to a router LAN port, but use a short coax cable to make the direct connection.) You’ll find that the coax/MoCA status LED will only light-up once the second MoCA adapter is connected and powered-on, indicating a successful MoCA link; the status LED may then flash when there is activity.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!