What's new

MOCA Setup with Fios

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fifty50

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

Looking into MOCA to replace my current setup. Wasn't sure if I would need 2 MOCA adapters, or can get away with one? I'm not too familiar with moca, but I am tech savvy. Wasn't sure if I can get awawy with 1 MOCA adapter. see below.

current setup:
ONT -> Ethernet -> router -> wifi bridge -> server

Possible setup with 1 MOCA adapter:
ONT -> Coax -> MOCA Adapter -> router -> server

Possible setup with 2 MOCA adapters:
ONT -> Ethernet -> Router -> Moca adapter1 -> home coax wiring -> moca adapter2 -> server

thoughts? thanks in advance!

the fios support pages used to have detailed drawings about how to set up moca2 modems across your cable network while operating with their system. There were some threads in this forum. search for FIOS or verizon

What router are you using? (FiOS gateways typically include built-in MoCA bridging)

And what speed are you hoping to achieve between the router and the server location? (FiOS G1100 only supports standard MoCA 2.0, up to 400-500 Mbps; MI424-WR Rev. I is MoCA 1.1, up to 170 Mbps — assuming at least equivalent MoCA spec for the remote MoCA adapter.)

Possible setup with 2 MOCA adapters:
ONT -> Ethernet -> Router -> Moca adapter1 -> home coax wiring -> moca adapter2 -> server
This setup is what you’ll likely need, but the MoCA adapter at the router location may not be needed if the gateway provides an acceptable MoCA bridge.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!