What's new

Modify openvpn server settings via ssh instead

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zonkd

Very Senior Member
Is this here the correct file to edit with nano if I want to manually change my openvpn server 1 settings via ssh (without web console gui)???
/tmp/etc/openvpn/server1/config.ovpn

I don't see any server config files that might apply in /jffs/openvpn/ , only my PKI files like ca,crt,key

Has anyone answered this somewhere on the forums? I searched and didn't find it.

Also to mention, I encountered an issue where the web console 'default' button broke and wouldn't reset my server settings. Eventually gave up and reinitialized the router, problem disappeared.

Settings are stored in nvram, not in a file. There are dozens of nvram parameters for each server instance, listing them/documenting them is out of the question. You will have to dig through the release/src-rt/shared/defaults.c source file to figure out which nvram setting correspond to your designed parameters.

Just wonder why can’t you just do it in web GUI. You can simply put configuration in the Custom Configuration under the advanced setting.