What's new

Monit on Asuswrt-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Woody1

Occasional Visitor
I have some processes that I need to monitor and keep running and I was getting ready to configure monit on my router. After thinking about it, I started getting a little confused about how to set it up. I don't think you can run true daemonic processes on asuswrt, so I'm trying to figure out how to adapt monit to this environment.

Has anybody set up monit to run on asus-merlin? Can you give me some advice on the best way to do it, e.g., where do you put the control file, how do make sure that monit itself keeps running, how do you restart failed processes, etc?

Thanks for any pointers.

I'd never heard of monit before, but there's a monit package in the entware-ng repository. So I'd guess that after installing entware-ng you'd just install the package like any other. (Remember, asuswrt isn't Linux so don't expect things to be the same)

I have installed monit from entware, so that's not my question. The fact that asuswrt isn't like Linux is why I'm looking for advice on how to configure it.

Ok, thanks, that gets me going in the right direction. That helps me understand how entware sets up a Linux environment. I think I get the idea now.