What's new

Monitor bandwidth history without logging browsing history?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

awn

Occasional Visitor
I have a RT-AX88U. In the dashboard there are a few separate features related to logging bandwidth:

1. Adaptive QoS shows live bandwidth data per-client.
2. The homepage shows total live bandwidth data.
3. The traffic analyzer shows live bandwidth data, as well historical data within a small window since you opened the page.
4. The traffic statistics is the most useful as it shows complete historical, per-app, per-client, and per-endpoint/host data.

I would like to enable a mode that does not log sensitive data. So option 4 but excluding things that violate peoples' privacy, like the logs that connect specific sites and apps to specific devices. I do not want to save or see this information, but my only option is to turn off the entire feature and thus lose access to the other useful data like monthly usage statistics, most popular hosts and websites, etc.

I am not sure if traffic monitor is available in the ASUS stock firmware, but it sounds like what you want;
1609766381597.png

Also has options for last 24 hour breakdown. I also have an excel sheet to allow me to save long term data for historical purposes.

This feature is available in ASUS-Merlin firmware; https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/

@Jeffrey Young I have the Asus Merlin firmware. I would like all of the features of the traffic statistics page _except_ the ones that harm my users' privacy. Logging client browsing data is totally unnecessary.

Gotcha. Sorry I could not be of help