What's new

Monitored conversations.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Killhippie

Maybe Im a bit slow (on storing painkilling medication as I have advanced Osteoporosis and it does have a high sedative effect) but when did this become a thing?

">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PLEASE READ <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Conversations allow you to exchange messages with other members directly.
CONVERSATIONS ARE MONITORED BY SITE ADMINISTRATORS FOR CONTENT THAT CAN BE USED TO BYPASS GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS.
Such content WILL BE DELETED and the user posting the content will lose Conversation privileges."

I have to say this puts me off wanting to talk to anyone if conversations are monitored, privacy so important and if admins are reading what I or any other members send to each other that feels to me at least to be very intrusive.

I could be taking about personal matters that the admins I feel have no right to read. I maybe talking about my health issues with fellow members that have come to know me and ask how I'm doing. But as always its just one opinion so I thought I would though it out there to see what others think.

That message has been there for quite some time. At the end of the day this is a public forum and makes no claims to be private, even the "conversations". The message was updated to explicitly state this because some people were abusing the conversation option to break the forum rules alluded to in the message. Think of the "conversation" like sending someone a postcard. Your neighbours don't get to see what's written on the card but the postman and all the other postal workers can.

Colin has described the situation accurately. I do not read every message and, in particular, have not read your specific thread of concern. That said, SNBForums is not a private messaging service and should not be used for that purpose.

Colin has described the situation accurately. I do not read every message and, in particular, have not read your specific thread of concern. That said, SNBForums is not a private messaging service and should not be used for that purpose.
I didn't say it was its just in discussing things about equipment or routers etc with third parties, niceties are sometimes passed between people and its inevitable people may ask how you are, and your replies may be of a private nature.

Never did i say or have treated SNB as a private messaging service or suggested it is used that way. This is also one reason I have to mention my medical issues as I forget completely or fail to notice some things on forums or even things like buildings in real life, so like that message if they are not really important within the context of what I am doing I can forget them almost instantly. Its called retrograde amnesia and its frustrating and brought on for me with medication for spasms that I have been on for over a decade. So forgive me for not noticing that. To me it appeared new, or its been altered maybe and thats why it stuck out suddenly, or it only just 'stuck' :(

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!