What's new

More Routers Found Vulnerable To Mirai Exploit

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D

Dan Goodin

deutsche-telekom-router-800x600.jpg
Dan Goodin over at ArsTechnica reports routers provided to German and Irish ISP customers for Deutsche Telekom and Eircom, respectively, have been identified as being vulnerable to Mirai malware.

The attacks are said to exploit weaknesses found in routers made by Zyxel and Speedport that leave Internet port 7547 open to outside connections. The exploits use the opening to send commands based on the TR-069 and related TR-064 protocols, which ISPs use to remotely manage large fleets of hardware.

Read the rest over at Ars.

Just another reason to use your own router over what the ISP provides you.

How does this answer the question? I'm also curious how the TR-069 implementaiton (if it exsists) within asus wrt is done.

How does this answer the question? I'm also curious how the TR-069 implementaiton (if it exsists) within asus wrt is done.

Asuswrt-Merlin does not implement TR-069.

Thank you very much Merlin.
As I'm a German Telekom user I'm happy to hear all that :)

Sad that it is still not (always) allowed to use your own modem/router in Germany. The ISPs basically force you to use their old, not updated, shirt

Thank you very much Merlin.
As I'm a German Telekom user I'm happy to hear all that :)

Sad that it is still not (always) allowed to use your own modem/router in Germany. The ISPs basically force you to use their old, not updated, shirt

Note that what I said only applies to my firmware (as your post was originally posted in its forum). Asuswrt has TR069 support, but that support is disabled (i.e. not compiled at all) for off-the-shelves routers. An ISP with a customized Asuswrt build (for instance, the TM-Ac1900) _might_ have it enabled.

As Merlin said his firmware isn't affected by this but for those that want to check.

www.grc.com/port_7547.htm

Click on the Probe this Port.

Here are my results.