What's new

Most effective wifi settings for 86u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OBENZ

Regular Contributor
So I'm looking for some guidance, I'm streaming from USB3 hooked to my 86u using the nvidia shield tv which is connected to the network via 5ghz wifi. I'm experiencing some random buffering, i know wifi shouldn't be as fast as gbit lan but I don't have a choice. When streaming a movie i see the speed on the Asus router app not going above 10k kbps which is low compared to what the router can achieve. The nvidia shield shows a tx of 826 and an rx of 526, shouldn't the tx be much higher ? The 5ghz is on non crowded 44 channel with auto 20/40/80 and the rssi on the shield tv is - 46 and channel width is 80mhz..any help or guidance to improve the speeds ?

Your solution is to use a NAS.

Possibly, setting up a swap file may help.

Your solution is to use a NAS.

Possibly, setting up a swap file may help.
Yes I know but for the time being I'm spending money on some other devices :) would like to know if the link speeds are to be expected or should they be higher ?i also got a 2gb swap file already

Use dual band SmartConnect, set 2.4 GHZ to channel 1, 6, or 11 at 20 mhz, 5 ghz to channel 36 or 149 at 80 mhz. Use all letters in SSID and letters and numbers in pass phrase. Have the swap on a second USB from the storage drive.

Last edited: