What's new

Most valuable/cheapest/"best" router and wireless access point (AP) recommendations

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cyf

New Around Here
I've done many different searches, but I cannnot find an answer to this question.

I want to buy the "best" router (wired vs wireless--I don't care) and then buy a crapload of access points (AP s) that connect to it. I don't necessarily need an ORBI or other mesh system, but I basically want a router + crapload of wireless AP's.

I have not been able to find any recommendations.

Please comment with any recomendations. Short o going with a Cisco solution, I'm open to hearing suggestions.

See the recent posts by @Trip for recommendations most closely matching your needs.

See the link below why you don't want 'a crapload' of wireless AP's either.

Repeater mode = wireless AiMesh

And note that AiMesh, Repeater mode, and wireless APs are equivalent here.

A better way may be to describe your home network layout in detail and the network expectations you have. I'm sure better suggestions can be made then.

@cyf - "Crap load" notwithstanding, how many are you thinking? And how much square footage do you need to cover? And can you hard-wire the APs into your network, or must you run a few (or more) wirelessly uplinked? We need more details about your network to properly recommend you a solution.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!