1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Motorola MOCA LED's are green, but no connection

Discussion in 'MoCA, HomePlug, HPNA' started by sean darcy, Jul 17, 2019.

1. sean darcy

sean darcy New Around Here

I've got two new Motorola MM1000 adapters. Router -> rj45(A) -> MM1000(B) -> coax (rg6, I think) -> MM1000(C) -> rj45(D) -> laptop

If I plug the rj45(A) into laptop, that works. If I use rj45(D) the same laptop cannot connect to the router. It fails connecting to the DHCP server.

The LAN and LINK lights on B and C are solid green or blink.

Any help appreciated.

2. krkaufman

krkaufman Senior Member

ā€œDā€ is a bad Ethernet cable? Try another?

3. sean darcy

sean darcy New Around Here

Used another cable. Also swapped A and D: laptop could connect to router using D ethernet. No joy.

4. degrub

degrub Very Senior Member

connect B and C with at least a couple meter RG6 new coax cable. Then A and D to the modems.. What happens ?

5. Samir

Samir Very Senior Member

And another thing to try is to plug in just an adapter to the laptop and see if the laptop can get to the web interface of the adapter. Otherwise it could be an oddball nic compatibility issue, which is extremely rare, but can happen.