1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Mount a ext4 USB drive?

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by bmn1, Dec 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. bmn1

bmn1 Regular Contributor

I recently installed Merlin's ASUS WRT firmware, and wanted to install Skynet and Diversion.

The Skynet developer recommends ext4, and Diversion requires it.

Now, I can only get Skynet to recognize the USB drive and work with FAT32.

As soon as I pop in a ext4 drive, the router's WebGUI says it it's unmounted. And Skynet and Diversion do not detect it.

What am I missing here? Do I somehow mount it manually through the terminal?

Additional info:
    RT-AC5300
    Firmware Version: 384.8_2

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  2. loveleeyoungae

loveleeyoungae Regular Contributor

Try this method. You may also need to set your USB port mode to 2.0 first (via Administration> System)
    https://www.snbforums.com/threads/diversion-the-router-ad-blocker.48538/page-71#post-447604

Regarding USB 3.0 issue, you may read more here:
    https://www.snbforums.com/threads/the-infamous-usb-3-0-issue-ok-on-stock-vs-not-ok-on-merlin.50333/

bmn1 and oso2276 like this.
  3. Vishnu Rao

Vishnu Rao Occasional Visitor

I had the same problem. Use amtm to format your drive to ext4. It also allows you to install diversion, entware etc.