What's new

moving from AC68P to AC86U ... easy way to move settings?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Livin

Replacing my AC68P router with AC86U, then going to try AImesh... Is there an easy way to move the 'basics' like DHCP, Virtual Server / Ports settings, etc?

thx!

Replacing my AC68P router with AC86U, then going to try AImesh... Is there an easy way to move the 'basics' like DHCP, Virtual Server / Ports settings, etc?

thx!

You think you want to..... but you don’t. Set everything up from scratch is the generally preached best practice around here.

Yup, setting up from scratch is the way to go. If you were somehow able to use an 'easy button' the first time you experienced any sort of hiccup with the router you would be scratching your head wondering if it was due to the 'easy button' and would be most likely back to setting it up from scratch. I just take a bunch of screen shots before I do a reset and start from scratch.

This is a bit above my pay grade but perhaps this might assist with some of the migration. I'm not sure if they recommend using the script between different models but I'm sure it's discussed in the thread.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/release-nvram-save-restore-utility.61722/

Last edited: