What's new

Moving from RT-AC86U x 2 to ZenWifi AC (CT8) x 2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eldy

New Around Here
Having had 2 x AC68U units working ok I decided to sell them and move to 2 x AC86U routers (better coverage), upgraded to Merlin, put them in Access Point mode/Mesh mode as I did with the old AC86U, both connected via Ethernet cable, and found that the connection to 5GHZ wifi is flaky. Not that the wifi connection drops, its stable, just that I randomly get DNS Probe Internet errors when browsing the web on my laptops and mobile phone devices.

I thought it was just the one unit doing it so contacted Asus support who said to send it back for replacement. Its on its way back but I now I get the same problem on the 2nd AC86U as well so I suspect there must be a bad batch out there.

Im going to send that back as well for replacement.

But I just found out about ZenWifi AC CT8 Model pack of 2 has been released, its roughly the same price as the 2 AC86U units I had bought.

Are these an upgrade/replacement of the AC86U ? Would I off better purchasing the ZenWifi instead?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!