Multicast with AIMesh

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you will not be able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened. Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.

cputoaster

New Around Here
I have the following setup (all routers on merlin 384.19, double lines are cables):
Code:
Mesh 2   AX88U WLAN --- Relay R .58
           II
           II
Mesh 1   AX88U WLAN --- Relay R2 .55
               Switch === Server S .2
           II
           II
Router   AX88U WLAN --- Contact C .65
               Switch === Internet Modem === Provider
The problem is that I don't seem to get some multicast messages sent by R or C on S, but I do get the ones from R2.

Sniffing on the router shows traffic from all of them, R, R2, C (tcpdump -vv -s 0 -X -i br0 udp port 5683).
Sniffing on S shows only traffic from devices on Mesh1 like R2.

Ideas? Should I try disabling in IGMP snooping / proxy in the file mentioned here http://www.snbforums.com/threads/igmp-snooping-multicast-forwarding-on-ax-routers.58245/post-511973 ?
As traffic from the wifi multicast senders does seem to arrive at the router, it seems like disabling IGMP snooping on the wireless settings are not going to change things. But also, Mesh1 does not seem to filter the messages out to the switch if they arrive on the same node via wifi.
How / where does filtering happen, and where / on which nodes do changes in the mcpd.conf config take effect?

cputoaster

New Around Here
To partially answer my own question: It looks like the server S did not correctly join the multicast group. Manually adding the group address to the interface (via ip addr add ... autojoin) seems to make all respective traffic appear on the interface.

cputoaster

New Around Here
I just changed the configuration by inserting a new AX56U mesh router because of weak signals:

Code:
Mesh M1  AX88U WLAN --- Device B .55
               Switch === Server S .2
           II
           II
Router R AX88U WLAN --- Mesh M3 AX56U WLAN --- Device C .64
                Switch === Internet Modem === Provider
           II
           II
Mesh M2  AX88U WLAN --- Device A .58
Now I cannot see any multicast messages sent by C on R or S, but I can see IGMP reports from C to the multicast group on R and S. I can see messages from A and B on R and S though.
I tried with IGMP proxy on and off in IPTV settings, but I believe this only matters for multicast coming via the WAN port of the router, not in the internal network.
It looks like the problem could be around having multicast over a wireless AiMesh link? I do run Merlin on the routers, but AIMesh is proprietary tech, so I don't really know where to ask about it. Maybe someone has a similar config?