What's new

Multiple WAN IPs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ephogy

New Around Here
Hi all,

I'm relatively new to asuswrt, I have used dd-wrt in the past, however.

I recently purchased an ASUS RT-N66U and tried multiple flavours of dd-wrt, but could not get a wireless throughput higher than 0.3 MB/s, so I switched to ASUSWRT-Merlin and was delighted to see > 12 MB/s transfer rates.

The problem I'm having now is that I have 5 static WAN IP Addresses.
previously I had dd-wrt link all those IP addresses using ifconfig and aliasing them as follows:

ifconfig $WANIF:1 209.XXX.XXX.XXX/29

and then using iptables to forward specific external ip address to servers on the intranet as follows:

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -d 209.XXX.XXX.XXX -p tcp --dport YYYY -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.4:YYYY
etc.

The problem I'm facing right now is that the aliasing does not appear to work. I found another forum post about someone doing this with TomatoUSB and vlan1.

/usr/sbin/ip addr add 209.XXX.XXX.XXX/29 dev vlan1

followed by the iptables commands above worked to add one more of my external ip addresses, but I'm unable to get the other ip addresses to work.

Has anyone else had any success trying this? Am I missing something trivial?

Thanks in advance!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!