What's new

My Cloud Mirror Gen2 and Windows 10

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sensiblejohn

New Around Here
Morning All

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read, and hopefully respond to this! I have just found your forum, hopefully this will help other people as well as me.

I purchased the above NAS drive for our office last year. It worked ok until we did an IT upgrade, re-formatted all of the computers and installed the latest version of Windows 10.

We can't connect to the NAS any more... I can see the dashboard via web browser, can also see the media server folders.

What we can't to are the shared folders on the NAS drive. We can still connect via the web portal (which is very slow!) or using an older windows 8 laptop.

I presume this is an issue with Windows 10 security / network settings and compatibility with that specific NAS drive? There are quite a few things suggested on various websites to address this which i have tried and still not having any luck.

We can't afford to spend a lot to get this working, so are considering just buying an alternative nas drive, or going for a better router that we can plug in a hard drive.

Can anybody recommend a simple NAS drive that won't have the problems associated with the mycloud mirror?

Also, can anybody suggest a simple router where we can connect a USB hard drive and map this as drives on the various computers?

Thanks, John

This is a known issue. Microsoft disabled SMBv1 in Windows 10. You should still be able to connect directly to the shared folders using their UNC (i.e. \\ComputerName\SharedFolder\Resource). If you want to be able the view the folders in Windows explorer you need to re-enable the SMB 1.0/CIFS Client feature.

Untitled.png

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/smb2.40537/page-2#post-340005

Last edited:
Also, can anybody suggest a simple router where we can connect a USB hard drive and map this as drives on the various computers?
Don't go down this route. Router's make for poor NAS's. Also, especially in a business environment, your router is a network security device so don't use it to run other non-essential services.