What's new

My laptop doesn't like 5ghz wifi now?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RedBatman89

Regular Contributor
Okay so I have an Asus G750JM ROG laptop and all of the sudden today it was acting very slow on my 5ghz wifi. I couldn't even get into my router page. I thought it was my modem and router being bad but when I switched it to the 2ghz wifi everything was fine. I power cycled my modem and router to see if that would fix it but it didn't. My router is an Asus RT-AC68U.

So I tried the 5ghz on my other devices and I was able to access my router page just fine. So I decided to do a system restore on my laptop but I'm a little scared now, should I get my laptop looked or is it something else?

Okay so I have an Asus G750JM ROG laptop and all of the sudden today it was acting very slow on my 5ghz wifi. I couldn't even get into my router page. I thought it was my modem and router being bad but when I switched it to the 2ghz wifi everything was fine. I power cycled my modem and router to see if that would fix it but it didn't. My router is an Asus RT-AC68U.

So I tried the 5ghz on my other devices and I was able to access my router page just fine. So I decided to do a system restore on my laptop but I'm a little scared now, should I get my laptop looked or is it something else?

What is the wireless card in your laptop? Are running on latest driver? Uninstall the card and reinstall, see what happens.

I did that and it didn't work. I see that 10 days ago Merlin released a new firmware. Could that fix it. Cause so far nothing seems to work and I'm using the 2.4ghz still.

Okay so funny thing, on a whim I decided to click forget my 5ghz network on my laptop so I could rejoin it. Well sure enough I was able to get my fast internet back working properly on my laptop. So yeah that wasted 2hrs of my life which I could of used for studying for college. :mad:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!