What's new

Solved My QOS Experiments

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BreakingDad

Very Senior Member
Having been experimenting with flex, adaptive and cake I now have cake up and running again.

I am achieving A+ speed A bufferbloat and A+ quality with cake,, so very happy. My overall max speed maybe down by 10 but totally happy with that.

Also disabled all the trend stuff, so no fear of them discovering my dreadful gaming stats and using them to torment me.

I really like flex, but it did not give me an A bufferbloat, and I still experienced lag spikes with it.

While I love the results on cake, I miss the GUI, maybe one day the cake maker can add one.

I also think amtm, and entware are amazing. While initially a little daunting, once you get the hang of it so easy to use and configure.

Also going up to 500/36 from Monday :D New hub(which will be a modem only) on order.

Great stuff

Last edited:
I knew you'd come back around...
It's simple, and it just works. Who needs a GUI if it just keeps working like that without you needing to monitor it or give it much thought?

Things may change with the upgraded ISP speeds come Monday. But, with only 36Mbps up, it may still be the best solution for you. :)

Totally agree with your assessment. You should still be fine with cake if you have an AX88U router. It has enough CPU power to deal with Cake-QoS at higher bandwidth of up to 600Mbit.