What's new

My router is giving worst wifi range

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

djayanth

New Around Here
Hi,

I got this router few weeks back. It was working fine all these days, the wifi range was very good.
But now I am facing issues with its WIFI range. It detects 2.4G and 5 G only if I am very close to the router ( 1 to 2 meters ), and the signal strength is also very bad.

I tried hardware reset, upgraded to new firmware 3.0.0.4.266, also detached and reconnected the antennas. But this problem still exists.

Can you please help me in resolving this problem?

Regards,
DJ

Have you shecked with inSSIDer that you have not new neighbourhood network up ? Have you set fixed channels on the wireless bands ?

Hi,

I got this router few weeks back. It was working fine all these days, the wifi range was very good.
But now I am facing issues with its WIFI range. It detects 2.4G and 5 G only if I am very close to the router ( 1 to 2 meters ), and the signal strength is also very bad.

I tried hardware reset, upgraded to new firmware 3.0.0.4.266, also detached and reconnected the antennas. But this problem still exists.

Can you please help me in resolving this problem?

Regards,
DJ

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!