My router randomly disconnect clients

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

vstevenphan

Occasional Visitor
Capture.PNG

amplatfus

Fresh install? SSID used before?

Tech9

Part of the Furniture
I would worry about bad password attempts from an external IP. Is your Web Access open to WAN?

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
The access from external IP
Don't enable remote access to the router via SSH (the cause of the warning message). If you really need remote SSH access change it to use a non-standard, non-obvious port.

vstevenphan

Occasional Visitor
Don't enable remote access to the router via SSH (the cause of the warning message). If you really need remote SSH access change it to use a non-standard, non-obvious port.
Besides the warning message, is there anything else harmful to the system if I still open remote access via SSH?

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
Besides the warning message, is there anything else harmful to the system if I still open remote access via SSH?
Opening any port allows for the possibility of your router or LAN being compromised if a security vulnerability is discovered. This has happened before with Asus routers which had their web interface exposed to the internet.

The fact that you're seeing the warning message means the access attempt failed. But usually when the hackers exploit a security vulnerability there aren't any messages in the log so you're completely unaware it's happened.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!