What's new

My router randomly disconnect clients

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vstevenphan

Occasional Visitor
Capture.PNG

Fresh install? SSID used before?

I would worry about bad password attempts from an external IP. Is your Web Access open to WAN?

Don't enable remote access to the router via SSH (the cause of the warning message). If you really need remote SSH access change it to use a non-standard, non-obvious port.
Besides the warning message, is there anything else harmful to the system if I still open remote access via SSH?

Besides the warning message, is there anything else harmful to the system if I still open remote access via SSH?
Do you really want to take that chance? Use OpenVPN for remote access!

Opening any port allows for the possibility of your router or LAN being compromised if a security vulnerability is discovered. This has happened before with Asus routers which had their web interface exposed to the internet.

The fact that you're seeing the warning message means the access attempt failed. But usually when the hackers exploit a security vulnerability there aren't any messages in the log so you're completely unaware it's happened.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!