What's new

My Router webpage turned Chinese language and username/password don't work anymore

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FTW

New Around Here
Hi,

I don't know since when but my router webpage http://192.168.1.1/ turned into Chinese Language and my Username/Password don't work anymore. I tried with the default admin/admin and still don't work and all my config/port/etc still working #1

any clue of this issue? I need to log in to forward some ports

something I can do without factory reset the router? I don't want to lose all my config :/

Thank You
Best Regards

RT-AX-88U
using: Merlin firmware but cannot know which version since I can't log in

something I can do without factory reset the router?

No. You have to reset the router to defaults. If you have a backup from the same firmware - use it to restore your configuration. If not - configure manually. Update to current 386.8 firmware. Do it fast, your router may be hacked. Someone may have access to your network. Careful with access from WAN.

Hi,

I don't know since when but my router webpage http://192.168.1.1/ turned into Chinese Language and my Username/Password don't work anymore. I tried with the default admin/admin and still don't work and all my config/port/etc still working #1

any clue of this issue? I need to log in to forward some ports

something I can do without factory reset the router? I don't want to lose all my config :/

Thank You
Best Regards

RT-AX-88U
using: Merlin firmware but cannot know which version since I can't log in

If you can't login, then you need to reset the router asap and reconfigure it and be careful not to expose your WAN ports to hackers.

OE

I’m on an RT-AC68U and things have been fine all these years except today my guest network stopped assigning DHCP and I’m getting weird behavior. It feels like someone’s been messing with my config. That or it got corrupted.

I wonder if there are some unpublished vulnerabilities being exploited in the firmware even with the latest version. Asus doesn’t update these frequently enough..

This could be a long shot, but there could be a slim chance that you are not accessing your router's webGUI because you typed in the wrong IP. Asus's router's default LAN IP address is 192.168.50.1.

It varies by Asus router. Some Asus routers use 192.168.1.1, others use 192.168.50.1. Per the RT-AX88U English User Manual, the factory default IP address is 192.168.1.1.
I remember that my AX88U defaults to 192.168.50.1. My AX88U did not come with this manual. The default settings for SSIDs in this PDF are different from what is printed on the bottom of my AX88U.

I think this might be a manual for an older ASUSWRT.