What's new

My RT-AC68U router and Desktop PC is freezing simultaneously.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

redman

New Around Here
I am using Asus RT-AC68U and Acer Desktop from few years. But recently my desktop start freezing due to some unknown reasons. The main issue is not the freezing of PC, my router also will hang on the same time. The PC is directly connected to the router through a RJ-45 patch cord. During freezing no Wi-Fi signal will be available from router and no connectivity from outside the network. But we can able to login and restart the router from an another PC or laptop if a wired connection is available, inside the network. At the time of freezing period WAN port will be disconnected and no WAN IP will be shown on the device status page.

Initially i thought due to some broadcast is originating from PC (due to virus) is making the router hanged, but i fully formatted the PC and added a genuine win 10 and KIS 2022. If we connect the same PC through a USB Wi-Fi adapter the freezing issue not came at any time. And also I try to connect the router and PC through an 8 port GE switch again the freezing issue started. I am totally confused is it due the the hardware or software related issues.

Sounds like the Ethernet adaptor in the PC has issues. If a desktop add a PCIE LAN adaptor or stay with the WIFI adaptor.

Do a hard factory reset on the router multiple times in series (search for @L&LD user for guide). Then, manually configure the minimum to get the router working with the ISP. Do not do a restore. You may have to repeat several times.
What happens ?

As above, it could be a hardware failure in the PC if other hardwired PCs do not have the issue with the router. You would have to add a USB ethernet adapter to test.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!