What's new

MyBookLive (NAS) and ASUS routers (RT-AC66U)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

EvgeniX

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

Does it possible with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware to make Transmission and miniDLNA use network path like //mybooklive/Public or anything like this?

Thx

Yes you can.

I'm using MLB 2TB with Transmission on RT AC66U running Merlin Firmware.

Ensure the path command correct when install transmission using putty.

TapaTalking from Republic™ Of Android

Yes you can.

I'm using MLB 2TB with Transmission on RT AC66U running Merlin Firmware.

Ensure the path command correct when install transmission using putty.

TapaTalking from Republic™ Of Android

Can you upload your settings file?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, it's possible. Just make sure there is no any router's reboots on NFS heavy load.

Also, I'm using apcupsd on RT-N66U to shutdown WD My Book Live gracefully in case of power failure.

Yes, it's possible. Just make sure there is no any router's reboots on NFS heavy load.

Also, I'm using apcupsd on RT-N66U to shutdown WD My Book Live gracefully in case of power failure.

yes it's crash router in seconds when stat download anything to MBL... :mad:

any other ways to save to NAS from transmission?

My firmware also supports mounting CIFS (Windows Shares). See the README for details on the command line syntax. It might be more stable than NFS mounting perhaps.

any other ways to save to NAS from transmission?
For what? We've got a quite powerfull PowerPC CPU on MBL. Just install transmission on chroot'ed environment with my script:
Code:
wget http://mbl-common.googlecode.com/svn/chroot-install/install.sh
sh ./install.sh
and install any package from Debian Testing repo you wish. Here is my download speed test for MBL.

Aria2, ~18МБ/c:
1f4aee13fe20.jpg

Deluge, ~11МБ/c:
2feb68e52e60.jpg

qBittorrent, ~19МБ/c:
4e986be06088.jpg

rtorrent, ~20МБ/с:
1b512fa80a6e.jpg

I never seen a stable torrent download speed on RT-N66U more then 4MB/s.

Hi,

I've transmission running in a NMT (PCH A-110) and been trying to make the minidlna server in RT-AC66U to scan the SMB network path //pch-a110/share/Videos, but when the config file is applied I got:

[2013/06/22 03:21:01] minidlna.c:497: error: Media directory "//pch-a110/share/Videos/" not accessible! [No such file or directory]

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I've transmission running in a NMT (PCH A-110) and been trying to make the minidlna server in RT-AC66U to scan the SMB network path //pch-a110/share/Videos, but when the config file is applied I got:

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

You can only point to a local path, you can't use a direct URI.

You might be able to make it work by first mounting the SMB share on a local mount point, having minidlna scan that mount point, and restarting minidlna after the share gets mounted.

Hi,

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

i have this in services-start like RMerlin say... and its works fine!

* Mounting remote CIFS shares on the router *
You can mount remote SMB shares on your router. The syntax will
be something like this:

mount \\\\192.168.1.100\\ShareName /cifs1 -t cifs -o "username=User,password=Pass"

You can only point to a local path, you can't use a direct URI.

You might be able to make it work by first mounting the SMB share on a local mount point, having minidlna scan that mount point, and restarting minidlna after the share gets mounted.

Thanks for the reply, after posting I did a little more research I came to that conclusion. I had some difficult mounting the network path as NFS filetype because I wasn't using portmap on both sides and the syntax wasn't right. The one that worked is below:

Code:
mount -t nfs 192.168.1.200:/share/Download /mnt/PCH-A110

Thanks for the reply, after posting I did a little more research I came to that conclusion. I had some difficult mounting the network path as NFS filetype because I wasn't using portmap on both sides and the syntax wasn't right. The one that worked is below:

Code:
mount -t nfs 192.168.1.200:/share/Download /mnt/PCH-A110

with this code I can not transfer big files... its crash... with cifs works stable...

with this code I can not transfer big files... its crash... with cifs works stable...

NFS is known to have some stability issues when accessing remote shares. The issue lies somewhere in the kernel, and I couldn't figure out why or where exactly.

NFS is known to have some stability issues when accessing remote shares. The issue lies somewhere in the kernel, and I couldn't figure out why or where exactly.

I read about this stability issues, but I couldn't mount it as cifs:

Code:
sterf@RT-AC66R:/tmp/home/root# mount \\\\192.168.1.200\\share\\Download /mnt/popcornhour -t cifs -o "username=nmt,pass=1234"
mount: mounting \\192.168.1.200\share\Download on /mnt/popcornhour failed: No such device or address

Code:
sterf@RT-AC66R:/tmp/home/root# mount \\\\192.168.1.200\\share\\Download /mnt/popcornhour -t cifs -o "username=nmt,pass=1234"
mount: mounting \\192.168.1.200\share\Download on /mnt/popcornhour failed: No such device or address

Your mount path is two levels deep. Shares are only one level, you can't mount a folder inside a share.

Code:

if you want to use routers minidlna... make folder in "/mnt/sda1" call it "MyBookLive"

and add this to your services-start:

mount \\\\192.168.1.200\\Public /mnt/sda1/MyBookLive -t cifs -o "username=nmt,password=1234"

My 2 cents.
Code:
# cat /opt/etc/init.d/S01firmware_nfs
#!/bin/sh

prefix="/opt"
PATH=${prefix}/bin:${prefix}/sbin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
mountPoint="/tmp/mnt/MyBookLive"

start() {
        [ -d "$mountPoint" ] || mkdir $mountPoint
        portmap
        mount -t nfs -o nfsvers=3 192.168.1.3:/nfs/Public $mountPoint
}

stop() {
        umount $mountPoint
        killall portmap
}

status() {
        echo -n "$mountPoint is "
        if [ -z "$(mount | grep $mountPoint)" ]
        then
            echo unmounted.
        else
            echo mounted.
        fi
}

case "$1" in
        start)
                start
                ;;
        stop)
                stop
                ;;
        restart)
               stop
               sleep 2
               start
                ;;
        status) status
                ;;
        *)
                echo "Usage: $0 (start|stop|restart|status)"
                exit 1
                ;;
esac

exit 0

Last edited:
Your mount path is two levels deep. Shares are only one level, you can't mount a folder inside a share.

RMerlin, I tested and this was the problem, but as a NFS mounting is working fine with two levels and without crashs so far, mostly streaming 1080p MKVs to a Samsung PL51E8000.

if you want to use routers minidlna... make folder in "/mnt/sda1" call it "MyBookLive"

and add this to your services-start:

mount \\\\192.168.1.200\\Public /mnt/sda1/MyBookLive -t cifs -o "username=nmt,password=1234"

EvgeniX, the minidlna is running smooth in the router, partitioned a 2GB USB in three (entware, swap and data) and placed the file.db in the last one. If the NFSs mounting starts to freeze the router I will think about changing the share's type and path.

ryzhov_al, I've seen your script in another topic and will try it!