What's new

N17U and my ps3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No Can Do

New Around Here
Hi everyone ,

i recently bought this router ( cause it supports VDSL and has QoS ) but some things i can't understand .. no matter what i do the internet test on my ps3 ( only upload ) is so low . I have 100/40 internet and i always get like 30 - 45 Download but the upload always 5 - 8 . Wired . DMZ ( Static IP ) and ports are all open .. QoS with both options ( Traditional and Bandwidth Limiter ) and still got a horrible speed .

I use my ps3 for a private server of an old game so i really wanna have good internet to support me

is there any way to make it better and is there any custom firmware for my router ?

thank you in advance

I always found that the PS3's speed test to Sony's servers were massively slower than my actual internet speed. I don't know whether that's intentional on Sony's part or just that their servers are overloaded. Either way the numbers never reflected speed tests from any other device.

I always found that the PS3's speed test to Sony's servers were massively slower than my actual internet speed. I don't know whether that's intentional on Sony's part or just that their servers are overloaded. Either way the numbers never reflected speed tests from any other device.
yeah i know that .. i used to be able to get more than this upload from my previous router . is there any custom Firmware for my router or any tweeks i can do ?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!