What's new

N66U 2.4Ghz issue solved on my MacBook - Portable Harddrive

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SteveVon

New Around Here
Hi all - I have an N66U router and its been playing havoc for the last day or two with not connecting to the 2.4GHZ:(, the 5GHZ is fine. Tried everything!! Reboot, restart, channels, power etc etc

I have just disconnected my Toshiba portable hard drive thought USB 3.0 - my time machine - bingo all he channels are back and happy. I'm amazed that this was the issue.

Hope this helps someone - somewhere :)

Hi all - I have an N66U router and its been playing havoc for the last day or two with not connecting to the 2.4GHZ:(, the 5GHZ is fine. Tried everything!! Reboot, restart, channels, power etc etc

I have just disconnected my Toshiba portable hard drive thought USB 3.0 - my time machine - bingo all he channels are back and happy. I'm amazed that this was the issue.

Hope this helps someone - somewhere :)

Known issue. USB 3.0 interferes with the 2.4GHz band when the port, cable, and device are not all properly shielded.

You should be able to use the drive in the USB 2.0 port. ;)

Ohh - I have those USB C type ports - maybe some are 2.0 - I'll check - this is a great forum. Someone mentioned 3.0. Unplugged and sorted \:)

No its all USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt. Its probably the hard drive that's whining as all other devices seem to work ok.

Ohh - I have those USB C type ports - maybe some are 2.0 - I'll check - this is a great forum. Someone mentioned 3.0. Unplugged and sorted \:)

If you have the option in your firmware, you should also be able to disable USB 3.0 mode on the USB 3.0 port. That will also solve the issue. :)

No its all USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt. Its probably the hard drive that's whining as all other devices seem to work ok.

I'm talking about the actual ports on the router, not on the device itself. :)