What's new

N66U Change Admin Port to Host Website?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gordon

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I am trying to expose a web page on ports 80 and 443 behind an N66U but the N66U administration site keeps wanting to take over. I've gotten it to load the index page with port forwarding, but anything after that the N66U pops up "password required".

Can I change the port that N66U listens to for its admin site?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello,

I am trying to expose a web page on ports 80 and 443 behind an N66U but the N66U administration site keeps wanting to take over. I've gotten it to load the index page with port forwarding, but anything after that the N66U pops up "password required".

Can I change the port that N66U listens to for its admin site?

Thanks

Set the web interface to HTTPS only. That will free up port 80.

Set the web interface to HTTPS only. That will free up port 80.

Hello RMerlin,

I currently have it set up that way. But the website that I am serving uses both HTTPS and HTTP so I need to forward both 80 and 443 to the web server.

Is it possible to change the N66U admin site port to an arbitrary one like :8080? If not through the GUI, I remember I've used your firmware before and had the option to run scripts at startup. Is there any possible way to reroute the router's administration site so that I can redirect both 80 and 443 to a different server?

Thanks,
Gordon

Hello RMerlin,

I currently have it set up that way. But the website that I am serving uses both HTTPS and HTTP so I need to forward both 80 and 443 to the web server.

Is it possible to change the N66U admin site port to an arbitrary one like :8080? If not through the GUI, I remember I've used your firmware before and had the option to run scripts at startup. Is there any possible way to reroute the router's administration site so that I can redirect both 80 and 443 to a different server?

Thanks,
Gordon

The webui won't let you move its HTTP port, but you can use any HTTPS port that you want (the default is 8443). Just disabling HTTP should let you forward both 80 and 443.