1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

N66U froze and won't turn on

Discussion in 'ASUS N Routers & Adapters' started by BWR, Sep 19, 2018.

1. BWR

BWR Regular Contributor

A couple of days ago the N66U I've been using with Merlin's firmware as an access point just froze out of the blue. The LED's were on but not blinking, no ping response, no SSID broadcast. Turned it off and won't turn on anymore - LED's not lighting up, no boot, absolutely nothing.

Things I've checked:
    - the power brick voltage output is OK (measured with a multimeter at the final connector)
    - opened up the case and checked the power connector and power button inside, power goes fine through both (measured with the multimeter on the board pins)
    - no visible problems on the board (damaged capacitors, damaged circuits etc; it was kept in the living room so there were no hazards)

Any suggestions what I could check further?

Thanks.

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. agilani

agilani Senior Member

Chuck it, its time to buy a new router?

I bought a real ac68 router on ebay for $39 including shipping.

4. Pierino

Pierino Very Senior Member

Hold the WPS button in while powering up.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!