What's new

N66U not listed for Synology

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

canuckle

Regular Contributor
Hey all,

I set up my Synology 1512+ NAS over the weekend, and as I continue to configure it, I want to use the setup wizard to do the port forwarding, etc. However, of all the routers listed in the online help, this one isn't listed. Many others are, including the N56U.

I'm running the stock firmware (.178). Any thoughts on how to approach this? I haven't set up port forwarding manually before, but I'm willing to learn :)

I already have a DDNS ready to go.

Last edited:
I would recommend upgrading your firmware first. Build 178 is quite old, and lacks some important features like AiCloud and the nvram size fix (you could accidentally fill up your nvram in those older versions, causing you to lose all settings).

IMPORTANT: upgrading from such an old version however will wipe out your router settings. This is due to a change in the format settings are stored (allowing to store twice as much content as before).

For the port forward, see this entry on Asus's support site:

http://support.asus.com/Search/KDetail.aspx?SLanguage=en&no=2B929032-931F-E44D-AF33-1D3C132A08FA&t=2

Lightening fast as usual, thanks Merlin. Which is the most solid of your firmwares? I'm a light user at best, but wireless is critical in my house.