What's new

N66U Reboot Resets System Time?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stabgotham

New Around Here
Hi there,

I'm new to my N66U and also to the merlin firmware. My primary reason for installing the firmware was for the traffic monitoring. Today, however, I had to reboot my router. After doing so, I noticed that I lost all previous traffic monitoring data.

After going through my system log, the only odd thing I noticed is that upon reboot, the system time was set to Dec 31. There is an entry in the log at the end where apparently notices and corrects the issue:

Nov 12 21:51:37 crond[406]: time disparity of 2033631 minutes detected

So my question is, how can I keep from having the system time reverting to Dec 31 on reboot so that I don't lose my traffic monitoring data?

Edit: Oh and I'm on the merlin build 376.48_1.

Last edited:
Hi there,

I'm new to my N66U and also to the merlin firmware. My primary reason for installing the firmware was for the traffic monitoring. Today, however, I had to reboot my router. After doing so, I noticed that I lost all previous traffic monitoring data.

After going through my system log, the only odd thing I noticed is that upon reboot, the system time was set to Dec 31. There is an entry in the log at the end where apparently notices and corrects the issue:

So my question is, how can I keep from having the system time reverting to Dec 31 on reboot so that I don't lose my traffic monitoring data?

Edit: Oh and I'm on the merlin build 376.48_1.

The two are totally unrelated.

The clock will always revert back on a reboot because there is no battery backed up clock on the router. So each reboot, the router will recover the time through an NTP server.

Your traffic data probably got lost because you didn't configure it to save the data on a USB disk, so it was only kept in RAM. Make sure you set the proper location under Tools -> Other Settings. Also if this is a new location, enable the option to create the datafile.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!