1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

N66u wifi crashes in media bridge mode (merlin 380.70)

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Yipee Kaiyay, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Yipee Kaiyay

Yipee Kaiyay New Around Here

I can access the router's settings but internet disconnects randomly. Other devices connected to the main router keep working fine so i have verified it's not the main router.

It works fine in repeater mode though. I've moticed that in the tools section it shows hw acceleration disabled in repeater mode...and every works with no disconnections.

As soon as a i enable media bridge mode, tools page shows hw acceleration enabled and the disconnects come back.

Any suggestions on what i could try to fix this issue?

Edit: should mention that this is not a asus-merlin firmware issue --at least in my opinion. this happens with stock firmware also. It used to run fine before I upgraded the firmware. Should have noted what firmware was on there before upgrading.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  2. heysoundude

heysoundude Senior Member

The wireless media bridge/repeater functionality has always been problematic at best.
    Run an ethernet cable to the main router and make the n66u an access point.
    Sure it means new SSIDs and passwords, but it'll be a set and forget connection

3. Yipee Kaiyay

Yipee Kaiyay New Around Here

Used to be fine with the previous firmware. I decided to update the firmware without jotting down the version i was upgrading from. Like a doofus.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk