What's new

Nas access

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Computerguy

Occasional Visitor
Hey guys, I just bought this asus and I love it so far. There are 2 things I would like help with.

1.the router will let me set up "guest" login for "USB Application - FTP Share" (aka. aicloud) but It will only let me log in as admin. Can someone maybe share what im doing wrong? I followed all the steps so and the admin login works great so I really don't know what im doing wrong.

2. I have a cisco nas 200 that I just love. Is there anyway with this router to allow me to have access to it on the go? I have tried everything I know how to do and I just cant get it to work. I have a account with dyndns.com so I could port forward it but my last router did not allow for it so I need some very simple instruction.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am on the latest's version of firmware.

Hey guys, I just bought this asus and I love it so far. There are 2 things I would like help with.

1.the router will let me set up "guest" login for "USB Application - FTP Share" (aka. aicloud) but It will only let me log in as admin. Can someone maybe share what im doing wrong? I followed all the steps so and the admin login works great so I really don't know what im doing wrong.
Sorry but I don't understand what you want to do .

2. I have a cisco nas 200 that I just love. Is there anyway with this router to allow me to have access to it on the go? I have tried everything I know how to do and I just cant get it to work. I have a account with dyndns.com so I could port forward it but my last router did not allow for it so I need some very simple instruction.
You mean that you want to access your NAS from outside your nerwork (LAN)? If it is the case, you can setup a VPN (VPN server in the menu).

GH

Sorry let me be more clear about #1. I need to setup a guest account for my aicloud login. Right now only the administration login works. I set up a "guest" account but no matter what I do I can't login under it.

A vpn network... Is There instructions on this? I have never set of one up.

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Sorry let me be more clear about #1. I need to setup a guest account for my aicloud login. Right now only the administration login works. I set up a "guest" account but no matter what I do I can't login under it.

The current AiCloud version cannot add user, only admin can login.

Oh that explains it. It seems odd they let you add them on the router if it actually does not work.

I have been looking into vpn's .. Will I have to set up software on every computer I want to access my nas drive on? I would like to just type a address like the aicloud. It seems not very practical to have to install and setup software every where I go.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!