1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

NAS FTP Client

Discussion in 'NAS Buying Advice' started by Screwdriver, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Occasional Visitor

I am looking for a basic single disc NAS that has a FTP client so I can download very large files unattended. Looked at the major NAS manufactures and they only seem to have Bittorrent clients.

Thanks!

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. thiggins

thiggins Mr. Easy Staff Member

Synology Download Station
    "Download Station is a web-based download application which allows you to download files from the Internet through BT, FTP, HTTP, NZB, FlashGet, QQDL, and eMule, and subscribe to RSS feeds

slidermike likes this.
  4. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the answer!.....Also, do you know if it supports SFTP? I looked at the docs that I could find and it was vague.

5. thiggins

thiggins Mr. Easy Staff Member

slidermike likes this.
  6. slidermike

slidermike Occasional Visitor

Just to add my 2cents.
    I have had two Syno Nas now and they both do ftp/sftp.
    Your paying a premium for Synology but man you get great software and the community is super active.
    I have recently switched over from running crashplan via the 3rd party app by Patters and now run it in "Docker" as a container.
    Love the Syno NAS'.
    Good luck!

7. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!