What's new

Need help extending wireless network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Phydeauxman

Occasional Visitor
I have a RT-AC68U router and would like to extend my wireless network out to my shed in the backyard. It is approximately 134 FT from where the router is located to the shed. I have a conduit buried in the ground that runs from the house to the shed that I could pull an Ethernet cable thru but not sure what would be best on the other end to extend my wireless network out there. The reason I am wanting to do this is to be able to put wireless security cameras out there.

All you really need is an access point, but there is lots to think about when doing CCTV cameras.

Run your ethernet to the "wireless AP" and then, you would need to configure the SSID and security key.

Ask away though, and I'll see if I can point you into the right direction.

All you really need is an access point, but there is lots to think about when doing CCTV cameras.

Run your ethernet to the "wireless AP" and then, you would need to configure the SSID and security key.

Ask away though, and I'll see if I can point you into the right direction.

Thanks for the reply. What would be a good access point to put out there that would work well with the router I have?