What's new

Need help monitoring website traffic best option

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dee dee

Regular Contributor
Good day all, since the kids are home from school more often then ever before I wanted to see if there's a way to log what they're watching on YouTube and or other sites.

I enabled traffic monitoring on the tool section, but is there another way to monitor for anything that they shouldn't be watching on YouTube or any other sites?

I mean the best course of action would be to sign up for one of those open DNS providers and filter my DNS traffic right?

The reason I'm hesitant to do that is I I'm using custom cloudflare DNS on my network for the security of a device and routing through a VPN and also through diversion and or skynet to block specific domains.

so I didn't want to mess up that device let me know what do you think is the best idea.

Thanks again for all your help everyone you guys are amazing.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

Good day all, since the kids are home from school more often then ever before I wanted to see if there's a way to log what they're watching on YouTube and or other sites.

I enabled traffic monitoring on the tool section, but is there another way to monitor for anything that they shouldn't be watching on YouTube or any other sites?

I mean the best course of action would be to sign up for one of those open DNS providers and filter my DNS traffic right?

The reason I'm hesitant to do that is I I'm using custom cloudflare DNS on my network for the security of a device and routing through a VPN and also through diversion and or skynet to block specific domains.

so I didn't want to mess up that device let me know what do you think is the best idea.

Thanks again for all your help everyone you guys are amazing.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

Same thought myself,

options: nextdns,opendns paid plan or raspberry pi pi-hole

They all allow monitoring and blocking of sites and filtering etc

from a dns privacy standpoint i'm going with pi-hole

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!