What's new

Need router with VPN and repeater using local wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Udi

New Around Here
Hello, I am not technical, so please excuse my jargon. I need a specific type of router in which you can program your VPN IP and it picks up the local wifi network and then creates a new wifi network using the VPN. I have been experimenting with https://www.gl-inet.com/ travel products which seem to be good. However, since I am not technical I would need a more enterprise grade product that would also offer support services.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Thanks.

GL.iNet travel routers do exactly what do you need and the UI is very user friendly. What support services do you need?

Since I am not technical, I need general IT support and troubleshooting if anything happens. So I was hoping to find something very similar, but enterprise level with a support service. Do you have any thoughts about other products? Thanks.

Hello, I am not technical, so please excuse my jargon. I need a specific type of router in which you can program your VPN IP and it picks up the local wifi network and then creates a new wifi network using the VPN. I have been experimenting with https://www.gl-inet.com/ travel products which seem to be good. However, since I am not technical I would need a more enterprise grade product that would also offer support services.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Thanks.
The GL.inet is about as simple as you can find. If you need support look for a geek in your neighborhood that for $$$ will come to your location and make things work for you. Very few products that will do exactly what you want and for the price that GL.inet charges I doubt you can count on them for a lot of support and the type of hand holding you are looking for,

Do you have any thoughts about other products?

No, sorry. Companies providing remote employee access to their networks most often use locked down devices with pre-installed and pre-configured VPN connection. Company's own IT guys provide support to employees when something isn't working. I've never seen a company giving WISP routers to employees and allowing connecting of unauthorized devices to it. If you are talking about public VPN providers like NordVPN, ExpressVPN, etc. with few dollars subscription per month - in most cases whatever instructions are written on their websites is all the support you can get.