What's new

Need some advice about upgrading from wap4410N routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hlfox

New Around Here
Hello, new poster here. I have 2 linksys 4410N's in my network. As many have said these devices are not the most stable. I have seen all the problems reported in the various posts. I am reduced to repowering the routers every 2 days to keep wireless access.

I am considering moving to Cisco's E4200 to replace these devices. At the present time, the devices are in the overhead in a commercial building, 1 is on 1 floor and the other is in the ceiling (about 16ft in the air). The one feature that I would like to keep is poe. When they are first restarting, good strength, coverage, but that doesn't last.

But wireless stability is what I would like to see. Would the Cisco e4200 be a good replacement for these units?

Thanks for your help in advance.

I also had a problem with my WAP4410N wireless unit. I called Cisco and they replaced mine with a version 2/v02 for free and I have not had any more problems. You might check with Cisco.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!