What's new

Needing Help Configuring RT-AC3100 to work best with wired PS4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NyxUlric75

New Around Here
My internet service is 200Mb download. On a wired laptop my speed tests typically run 265 Mbps down, 32 Mbps up. My PS4 however typically runs a God awful 10 to 20 Mbps down with anywhere from less than 1 Mbps to if I'm lucky 3 Mbps up.

I have disabled any QoS. I have disabled NAT Acceleration. I only have UPNP enabled. My PS4 has a statically assigned IP on the router and I am using Google DNS. I don't understand why there is such a disparity in my PS4 download.

Previously I was using a Netgear AC1750 and was able to pull in 160Mbps down / 12 to 16Mbps up on the PS4 wired. I upgraded to the ASUS RT-AC3100 for the vastly better wifi signal and speeds. Adding in additional features such as Hardware/NAT Acceleration and Adaptive QoS, there seems to be a bit of tweaking to make it work properly.

I've done quite a bit of searching without success trying to figure out how to get my PS4 wired connection back to peak performance on the new ASUS router like it was with the inferior Netgear router. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Additional information, I'm using CAT6 cables no longer than 25 foot. Modem is the Arris SB6190. I get 16 bonded downstream channels, 3 bonded upstream channels.

My internet service is 200Mb download. On a wired laptop my speed tests typically run 265 Mbps down, 32 Mbps up. My PS4 however typically runs a God awful 10 to 20 Mbps down with anywhere from less than 1 Mbps to if I'm lucky 3 Mbps up.

I have disabled any QoS. I have disabled NAT Acceleration. I only have UPNP enabled. My PS4 has a statically assigned IP on the router and I am using Google DNS. I don't understand why there is such a disparity in my PS4 download.

Previously I was using a Netgear AC1750 and was able to pull in 160Mbps down / 12 to 16Mbps up on the PS4 wired. I upgraded to the ASUS RT-AC3100 for the vastly better wifi signal and speeds. Adding in additional features such as Hardware/NAT Acceleration and Adaptive QoS, there seems to be a bit of tweaking to make it work properly.

I've done quite a bit of searching without success trying to figure out how to get my PS4 wired connection back to peak performance on the new ASUS router like it was with the inferior Netgear router. Any help would be immensely appreciated.
I would recommend flashing the router with Merlin's latest 380.66 firmware. UPNP implementation works well on the PS4 with this firmware. I would also reset the router after the firmware is loaded. Enable NAT acceleration. You can also try custom DNS servers on the WAN tab. I use OpenDNS. Google DNS is also good. I don't use QOS, Ai Protection, AI Cloud, or any of the other items under the USB Application tab. I have 300/30 Mbps service and consistently get 200+ Mbps down with 20+ Mbps upload during PS network speed testing through my PS4 Pro.

UPNP has a lot of vulnerabilities out there, I would suggest NOT to use it, and forward ports instead.