1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Netgear CM1100 Modem

Discussion in 'General Wireless Discussion' started by Sr71bb, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Sr71bb

Sr71bb New Around Here

Hello all......trying to find a Netgear cm1100 modem..... it was a Costco exclusive for a while but now it’s not even listed there or anywhere........it’s the newer one with two Ethernet ports on the back. I will probably go with the arris mb8200 if I can’t find a cm1100.......any ideas what happened with this modem........

2. System Error Message

System Error Message Part of the Furniture

Seems so similar to my netgear modem which is crap. Mine is for VDSL, supports VDSL2 at 300Mb/s but has 100Mb/s ethernet port. The look and design similar too, and the modem had both the worst sync rate compared to 2 other modems and had to be rebooted every 2 months.

you're better off with a different modem.

3. Internet Man

Internet Man Senior Member

I see it at Costco.com for $140: https://www.costco.com/Netgear-Nighthawk-CM1100-DOCSIS-3.1-Cable-Modem.product.100464287.html

4. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Regular Contributor

A good price but my cable co is Docsis 3.0 only right now.. While this is backward compatible Im not sure it gains me anything right now at 3.0 save more channels (my current is 16 ). But when and if my cable co goes 3.1 this looks really nice and I was hoping AQM on this would reduce bufferbloat. Can we assume no puma chips in this ?

5. sfx2000

sfx2000 Part of the Furniture

CM1100 is DOCSIS 3.1

Can't say much except that my DOCSIS 3.0 Arris/Moto SB-6183 works well... I don't have gigabit service on that link and it doesn't have the whole Puma6 thing...

Costco is pretty good about returns...