What's new

Netgear Firmware Update for X4S R7800 (1.0.2.44)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rbird2

Regular Contributor
Bug Fixes:

• Fixes an issue in which TimeMachine cannot detect USB-HDD connect with R7800.
  • Fixes an issue in which GUI responds “400 Bad Request” when setting the wireless password including special characters, such as '\'.
  • Fixes security issues.
  • Fixes minor bugs.
Known unfixed issues:

• Intel7260/3160 has a connection problem with the R7800 when the HT160 is enabled. This issue is due to the Intel driver. Intel is looking into this.
Firmware Upgrade Instructions:

Note: To avoid wireless disconnect issues during the firmware download process, NETGEAR recommends that the firmware upgrade be performed on a computer with a wired connection.

1. Write down all the settings that were changed from the default values as you may need to re-enter them manually.
  2. Using the Download Link below, download and extract the new firmware to a convenient place such as your desktop. The filename after extracting is R7800-V1.0.2.44.img
    Download Link
    :http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R7800/R7800-V1.0.2.44.zip

3. To log in to the router type http://www.routerlogin.net into your web browser address bar (such as Internet Explorer or Google Chrome).
  4. Click ADVANCED tab >Administration > Firmware Upgrade.
  5. Click Browse and find the file you just downloaded.
  6. Click Upload. Do not interrupt the upgrade during this step.
If problems occurs after upgrading, try clearing the configuration by pressing the Reset Push Button on the Rear panel until the Power LED blinks (about 5 seconds). Then reenter your configuration information manually.

Important Note:

• The upgrade process is complete when the on screen progress bar completes.
  • If the upgrade progress bar on web GUI doesn't display correctly during firmware upgrade, you can still check the status using Power LED. The Power LED should be blinking (amber) during firmware upgrade. After firmware upgrade is done and boots up the system, it changes to steady amber color, then after the boot up is finished it changes to steady white color.
  • Please DO NOT power off or reboot the device during the firmware upgrade, otherwise, it may result in corrupt firmware and cause the device not to work.

Didn't fix blank pages when setting devices manually in QoS or adding a name to them, it let me add four devices out of ten before this issue appeared again, you cant even name them though access control. :(

Weird I no longer get the blank page issue, then again I factory reset for some updates like this one.

Weird I no longer get the blank page issue, then again I factory reset for some updates like this one.
I did too, I have ten wireless devices all with DHCP reservation and it lets me set a few then I get the blank page on QoS again, as I said I can enter my password now but it has not sorted out the other issue. In fact devices wont let me name them any more in QoS they stay as n/a also gaming consoles etc are still set to low. I cant even name them via access control.

Last edited:
I did too, I have ten wireless devices all with DHCP reservation and it lets me set a few then I get the blank page on QoS again, as I said I can enter my password now but it has not sorted out the other issue. In fact devices wont let me name them any more in QoS they stay as n/a also gaming consoles etc are still set to low. I cant even name them via access control.
Let @NETGEAR Guy know that this is, again, a half butt firmware that didn’t fix what users said was broke. Repeating pattern with Netgear

Let @NETGEAR Guy know that this is, again, a half butt firmware that didn’t fix what users said was broke. Repeating pattern with Netgear
I hope this will get fixed at some point. All still works fine with 1.02.38 but I won’t run old firmware with known security issues. Whatever they did between 1.0.3.38 and this version I do not know, I suppose they fixed the password issue this time round, I just wished they had fixed QoS too.

Last edited:
I am currently running 1.0.2.45SF. Should I install this newer version, or would that be a downgrade?

v45SF is the latest already. Theres nothing newer than. I'm using v45SF and is solid.

I am currently running 1.0.2.45SF. Should I install this newer version, or would that be a downgrade?

Access control logging on 1.0.2.44 has a bug, it wont show the full date or time when it shows a device being allowed but DHCP logging works fine, so you may get a random 2 from 2018 or a single digit from the time. QoS for some is still not working, If I leave it alone it puts gaming consoles and Android TV's on low, in fact everything is on low, if you try to add a name to a device or change priority by defining what the devices are you get a blank screen . v1.0.2.38 was fine, but since a few quick fixes in recent updates the stock firmware is getting to be worse than ever.

Some may not see the QoS maybe due to configuration differences I imagine. I think it started with the password issue and is on going and we all have different settings. For myself but with 10 devices in DHCP reservation, access control set to default and a 63 character ASCII password QoS is a mess. For a router with a pretty decent QoS having it working would be preferable. :rolleyes:

QoS and assigning of Priority has never been really great letting it automatically handle that aspect. I know after setting up QoS and going on and setting each of my devices and manually assigning priority and names. Everything has been working for me.

I have 20 IP address reservations and no access controls set. QoS has been working well for me.

What browser are you using to manage the router and QoS? I use IE11 or FF.

Have you updated to v45SF?

QoS and assigning of Priority has never been really great letting it automatically handle that aspect. I know after setting up QoS and going on and setting each of my devices and manually assigning priority and names. Everything has been working for me.

I have 20 IP address reservations and no access controls set. QoS has been working well for me.

What browser are you using to manage the router and QoS? I use IE11 or FF.

Have you updated to v45SF?
I’m not using Voxels right now I’m on 1.0.2.44 trying to work with Netgear guy to see why QoS isn’t right on stock since 1.0.2.38 for some. I was hit with that password glitch last time round as I use a 63 character ASCII password. Voxels latest is one behind 1.0.2.44 I think so I would possibly end up with the password glitch that was fixed in 1.0.2.44 @_@

Ah ok. Hope they will get it fixed then. Voxel is on v45SF currently. Not sure if this is behind, same or ahead.

I'll check with Voxel and see if he has any plans for his line of code. ;)

I presume Safari exhibits the same condition?

I presume Safari exhibits the same condition?
Yes it does, netgear guy had the same issues with access control and there is another guy who is having the same issues with QoS and the R9000 had similar issues for some in its last firmware. If I go back to 1.0.2.38 all works well with QoS in stock as it should, the same for this other person so it’s something to do with our configurations and that needs to get sorted obviously. :)

Ok, will let Voxel know about this as well.

Never hurts to help though.

Yes, there are some plans. But unfortunately I've found some other unpleasant bugs when checking changes in codes. I have to fix, so additional time. You expect corrections, right? At least partial ;)

P.S.
45SF was released before stock 44 but after stock 40. Upcoming 46SF will be with stock 44 changes.

Voxel.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!