What's new

Netgear GS108T vs GS908e

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tom Brough

Regular Contributor
Need an switch with link aggregation capabilitys.... Which of these is the better option. One looks fancy, but is cheaper... The other looks more robust and business like??

The specs for the GS908E says it supports static LAG but there is no mention of LACP support so I wouldn't risk buying that one.

Be aware that there are (were?) 3 versions on the GS108T. I don't think V1 has been sold for a long time. V3 is still quite new and has a slightly higher spec, so that would be the version that I would buy over the V2.

The specs for the GS908E says it supports static LAG but there is no mention of LACP support so I wouldn't risk buying that one.

Be aware that there are (were?) 3 versions on the GS108T. I don't think V1 has been sold for a long time. V3 is still quite new and has a slightly higher spec, so that would be the version that I would buy over the V2.
I have the v2 and my LACP link is working nicely. I went for v2 since Amazon wanted £15 more for the v3 and I couldn't find enough reason to justify the difference :)

EDIT: Be aware I got burned by a Netgear "managed plus" switch before, turns out LAG was only supported on the 16+ port models of whichever series it was I bought

I'd go TP-Link TL-SG108PE over either Netgear. Same management capability plus 4 PoE ports to play with if you ever need them, and ironically enough it appears more well-reputed than either of those Netgears (not super surprising).

If you want a level up from there, Cisco SG250-08 or -08HP, but you'll have to pay a 50-100% premium.

EDIT - No LACP support on the TP-Link - my mistake.

Last edited:
I'd go TP-Link TL-SG108PE over either Netgear. Same management capability plus 4 PoE ports to play with if you ever need them, and ironically enough it appears more well-reputed than either of those Netgears (not super surprising).
No LACP support which is a shame.

Whoops. Figured it'd have it. Guess not. Bummer. Original post edited.

EDIT - Says it has it, but upon further investigation I guess it's not fully/well-implemented?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!