What's new

Netgear GS110EMX and ASUS RT-AX88U Link Aggregation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shatty

New Around Here
Having an issue with LACP/LAG between these 2 devices. I have it turned on in the Asus. Using Merlin FW. Also have it setup on the switch and it says LAG status is UP. I have a laptop with a 2.5G Ethernet and server with 10g. File xfer works at 283MB per sec over ethernet from laptop to server. However, I have a Killer AX WIFI 6 card in the laptop and link goes from 2 to 2.7 gbps depending on distance. I disabled the 2.5 ethernet in laptop and Im only getting 113MB per sec between laptop and server. Looks like the LAG might be the prob. No other way to test it really. Any ideas?

you do realize that LAG is designed to increase multiple user access speed (total bandwidth) to a server, not increase single user speed ?

you do realize that LAG is designed to increase multiple user access speed (total bandwidth) to a server, not increase single user speed ?
Thank you for your answer. After your reply, I did some searching online and it seems you are correct. I didn’t know this. LAG works for all users and not just 1 basically. It won’t increase my 113MB max SMB transfer. Only way to do it with my config is to use my hardwired 2.5 Ethernet on the same switch as my 10g file server. No need now for LAG since I am the only person in my house that needs the bandwidth. Or go for the Asus router that has the 2.5 Ethernet port and that will work. Or get a Thunderbolt 3 10G adapter for full 10g file xfers. WiFi 6 is pointless in my book unless you are doing multiple things over WiFi besides smb transfers

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!