What's new

Netgear GSS108E ILO/lights out, USB ports

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ruasonid

Regular Contributor
I have a Netgear GSS108E which I've just purchased to replace an ancient GS605 that has been running since about 2005!

Whilst the sales brochure claims that lights can be turned off for stealth operation the GSS108E has a Web interface with an option to turn off only the gigabit port LED's. However, the main power LED is still on. Just checking in case anyone knows of a way to extinguish it.

There are two USB "charging ports"rated at 10W per port and 15W total (both). Would it be correct that this equates to 2A per port and 1.5A each port in case both are used? I'm wondering if these ports might provide a stable power supply to a) a Raspberry Pi, and b) a Raspberry Pi with a SSD attached?

I have a Netgear GSS108E which I've just purchased to replace an ancient GS605 that has been running since about 2005!

Whilst the sales brochure claims that lights can be turned off for stealth operation the GSS108E has a Web interface with an option to turn off only the gigabit port LED's. However, the main power LED is still on. Just checking in case anyone knows of a way to extinguish it.

There are two USB "charging ports"rated at 10W per port and 15W total (both). Would it be correct that this equates to 2A per port and 1.5A each port in case both are used? I'm wondering if these ports might provide a stable power supply to a) a Raspberry Pi, and b) a Raspberry Pi with a SSD attached?

Power LED: cannot be turned off.
USB port: Up to 1.5A maximum on a single port, not to exceed 2A total across both ports

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!