What's new

NetGear LB2120 - LAN fail over to 4G - feedback wanted

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Livin

I'm considering the NetGear LB2120 as I'd like to have fail-over in case comcast goes down. Anyone have experience with the LB2120 ?

Hoping to use Google Fi data only sim.

thx!

i just did this. googlefi works beautifully - check your tmobile signal strength for best results. make sure to to enter 'h2g2' into apn settings.

i just did this. googlefi works beautifully - check your tmobile signal strength for best results. make sure to to enter 'h2g2' into apn settings.

Have you tested it - extensively?

Installed a brand new Netgear LB2120 yesterday. At 11:30pm it decided to fail to 4G even though I confirmed with Xfinity, there ws no outage. Problem was... it never reconnected to the cable modem costing me $70 in 4G data charges (12GB in 4G in about 10 hrs)
... calling Netgear tomorrow, I'm pretty pissed.

thx!

Judging from the Amazon reviews and NetGear forum chatter I read when I was looking to buy one, recovery from failover was (and apparently still is) an ongoing problem with the LB2120. Fortunately, I have the option of manually failing over when needed and am happy with my own LB1120.