What's new

Netgear MK62 opinions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

whsbuss

Looking to replace my wifi router with the new Netgear MK62. I know it was just released but has anyone giving it a run through? My current home is under the 3000 sq ft coverage area and I do have FiOS TV/Internet so I will need the bridge mode and if possible ethernet backhaul.

Thanks

I used it for a week when they first came out. I returned it.
I have 2000 sq. ft. and it really struggled to cover that. The firmware is buggy and the Ethernet backhaul is really slow.
Biggest pain was the handoff between the router and the node was horrible, clients would never switch over from one to the other. It’s only AX1800 dual band so the WiFi was pretty slow and it never really picked up AX clients at all. It’s a work in progress and there’s very little customization you can do to it.

I wouldn’t recommend netgear at all right now, they’re having some issues they can’t seem to resolve. I cover my entire place with one AX-88U, even a AX-58U works fine.

I have not tested it. But I would not pay the premium for an AX router at this point, due to the immaturity of Wi-Fi 6. If you are interested in Orbi, get an original RBK50 AC model. You can pick up an Amazon Renewed one (90 day no hassle return) for $200.

I have not tested it. But I would not pay the premium for an AX router at this point, due to the immaturity of Wi-Fi 6. If you are interested in Orbi, get an original RBK50 AC model. You can pick up an Amazon Renewed one (90 day no hassle return) for $200.
Thanks to both of you. I did have an original Orbi a few years back in my 3000 sq ft home and it did a great job.