What's new

Netgear R7000, DD-WRT firmware, USB Share Ext3 Issues...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pbc

Regular Contributor
Hi Guys,

Looking for some help with setting up a USB share drive on my Netgear R7000 which I've flashed with Kong's DD-WRT firmware.

I am trying to setup a share drive (3TB Seagate) attached to the USB 3.0 port on the router. After reading a bit online, it seemed that the ext3 file system is significantly faster/better than the NFTS used by Windows, so I used a partition manager to format a primary partition in NFTS (500mb swap drive) and then did a logical partition as an ext3 being 2.7TB.

However, I can't seem to map the drive to my Win7 machine. When I map the 2.7TB drive, it shows up as a 20MB NFTS drive on my machine? I can map the 500MB file just fine.

I've tried installing some third party files that supposedly would allow read/write access to ext3 by Windows 7, but these only seem to work when a ext3 drive is connected directly to the Win7 machine.

Here is what the USB section shows in my DD-WRT firmware.

USBShare_zpscf2c9d1f.png

However, when I connect to \\192.168.1.1\jffs, all I get is a 20mb drive shown with a "sda5" directory in it instead of the 2.7TB directory the above file shows.

Just looking to try and setup this drive to put my personal blurays on so I can watch them via XBMC.

I'm about ready to give up and format in NTFS, but if ext3 is that much more superior/faster, wanted to stick with it if possible?

Thanks!