What's new

Netgear R7800 Firmware 1.0.2.62

• Thread starter Deleted member 22229
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks for the announcement.
Did the update. Asked for a more secure password :oops:
For the rest the update process went smoothly, no need to re-enter settings.

All running fine here. No issues

I am having a problem with it.. did a factory reset ..typed in all my settings. When I go to the "Attached Devices" I cannot change the name or type of any device. When I click apply I get a blank page and refreshing the changesdidn't happen.

Any ideas who to fix this? Tried different browsers, different PCs.. Maybe downgrade to an older version then factory reset , then upgrade ?

I am having a problem with it.. did a factory reset ..typed in all my settings. When I go to the "Attached Devices" I cannot change the name or type of any device. When I click apply I get a blank page and refreshing the changesdidn't happen.

Any ideas who to fix this? Tried different browsers, different PCs.. Maybe downgrade to an older version then factory reset , then upgrade ?

Again NO issues with attached devices in the Beta or the final release. Must be something on your side.

What coild the problem be with my attached devices page? Should i get a new router? The same problem happens if i turn on QoS..i cannot set the priority of the devices.. Its like that save function is corrupted for me across firmware versions.

I can change the names of attached devices without issues. Most likely your browser, but you tried more.... o_O.

Also strange is that this new version is still not visible if you check via the download page https://www.netgear.com/support/download/
If you enter "R7800" in the search field you still get version 60. SOLVED, now 62.

Last edited:
I can change the names of attached devices without issues. Most likely your browser, but you tried more.... o_O.

Also strange is that this new version is still not visible if you check via the download page https://www.netgear.com/support/download/
If you enter "R7800" in the search field you still get version 60.

Copy the download link for .60, paste and change to .62, works for me.

Copy the download link for .60, paste and change to .62, works for me.
You miss the point.
If you search for a download it should offer you the latest and greatest. How can you change to something if you - normally - do not know what the latest is?
Funny: if you search for downloads in the Dutch link (https://www.netgear.nl/support/download/) you will get version 62.

Netgear has to correct this in their system. DONE

Last edited:
I used the beta 62 firmware and the latest release is probably the same version 1.0.2.62 and it has been solid here no more wifi drop outs and pings are stable. Seems the latest security updates are included so lets hope Netgear keeps going forward and not backwards. Right now my R7800 is rocking as it should be. ;)

The latest Netgear 62 is finally very stable but bufferbloat is 50% worse than Voxel 62SF at my location and 500mbs internet. So back to Voxel for now

The latest Netgear 62 is finally very stable but bufferbloat is 50% worse than Voxel 62SF at my location and 500mbs internet. So back to Voxel for now

Can you talk a bit about bufferbloat. I noticed it checking at dslreports. With Voxel's firmware do you have QoS on (with perhaps that fq code) to address bufferbloat. Or do you have not have QoS on at all...Voxel just gives less by default?

//Rant
The problem Im seeing after working with NetGear support to fix the 5Ghz is it takes forever with L2 support having you check basic things and even remoting into your PC/router. Then they get terse, short things to try from L3 support with no explanation. So if I were to try to work with NetGear support on bufferbloat it could go
on for months where they keep saying "cant reproduce" and it must be something in my environment. It baffles me because NetGear just running a single bufferbloat test on the router (but possibly not from Korea or China) would see the bufferbloat. And, of course us comparing it to third party firmware that gets less bloat.. NetGear may say its not something they have to fix... They may say one must buy the XR500 with QoS to address it...

My QoS is off and bandwidth limiting is not helping with bufferbloat issue the same way as OpenWRT or DDwrt . Its pure Netgear issue.
But my Internet is 500 mbs and Voxel recommend me to leave as its at B level. I dont see any lags with several HD streams and playing very high intensive games.

My QoS is off and bandwidth limiting is not helping with bufferbloat issue the same way as OpenWRT or DDwrt . Its pure Netgear issue.
But my Internet is 500 mbs and Voxel recommend me to leave as its at B level. I dont see any lags with several HD streams and playing very high intensive games.

That is very good.. His firmware is looking better and better. So just installing Voxel's firmware will give me a better bufferbloat score? I have only 100mbit service so I doubt it could slow me down any. I have no idea how to fix it with NetGears firmware. ( or gulp their support staff) . I tried some QoS setttings but had to limit download speed quite a bit...the dslreports test showed weird drops in download speed to achieve a better bufferbloat score.

FYI; I still have a support case opened.. My attached devices cant apply changes problem. I found it does not occur if I unplug my wired Roku Premiere+ from the the LAN port. Somehow when its plugged in it electrically? prevents the attached devices Apply button from functioning...really strange and bizarre. Explains why NetGear and others say they do not have problems with that page.

I just tested BB on DSL reports using the new .62 and scored a B. Likely not the firmware but your ISP. AT&T 100/100 no QOS.

My understanding is buffer bloat is helped by one's modem also.. if one has a nice Docsis 3.1 modem with AQM they may score well on buffer bloat.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!