What's new

Netgear R7800 vs Netgear XR500?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HabibiFresh

New Around Here
Need me one of these routers for qos and to shape download/upload to reduce bufferblaot and because two computers game ethernet. Also need the wifi range for cameras front of the house.

Also have gigablast (1000 mbps from COX).

For XR500 I definitely like the DumaOS and feel like it would be a perfect fit for me as I don't have to flash the firmware, can just set up the qos, shape up the bandwidth and should be set from their. Will also mess around with the geofilter feature which sounds pretty dope. No firmware flash is needed in this case

For R7800 definitely going to flash it to OpenWRT and enable SQM and enable shaping (pfSense)

Basically only difference is going to come down to OpenWRT vs DumaOS

For DumaOS it will eliminate the need for me to flash firmware + geofilter option is super interesting to me as sometimes in COD I get matches in 30 MS games and other times 60 MS games I would rather eliminate this issue (I prefer this cos I don't have too much time right now to search into how to flash firmware and set up everything)

For R7800 I am gona have to flash it which isn't the problem for me but it just means I gotta put some time to learn how to flash + how to set up SQM + pfSense

Didn't mention this but which of these is the best for 5 Ghz wifi?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!