What's new

Netgear R7800 with Voxel firmware ddns client editing help needed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dj02

Occasional Visitor
Netgear R7800 with Voxel latest firmware ddns client editing help needed.

In what file is located the dynamic dns http api url via telnet? I would like to manually add ipv6 address as text to api command that router sends to dynamic dns servers within ip update. Because now if i set manually ipv6 address to dynamic dns website, router's next ip update removes the ipv6 address from their service.

if you are talking about using a ddns service that is not offered by the web interface, or customizing in a way the web interface cannot help, you can only go with using your own script and a cron job.

In my case, using Dynu ddns services, I am using this script:
Code:
URL="http://api.dynu.com:8245/nic/update"
HOSTNAME="your-ddns.domain.com"
PASSWORD="password"
IPV6="no"

wget -q -O/dev/null "$URL?hostname=$HOSTNAME&myipv6=$IPV6&password=$PASSWORD"
You need to know how to update your ddns from the provider’s API and adapt the script.
Then I have a cron job launching that script every minute.

Netgear R7800 with Voxel latest firmware ddns client editing help needed.

In what file is located the dynamic dns http api url via telnet? I would like to manually add ipv6 address as text to api command that router sends to dynamic dns servers within ip update. Because now if i set manually ipv6 address to dynamic dns website, router's next ip update removes the ipv6 address from their service.

I have a Synology Diskstation that takes care of my DDNS duties. In fact, any device that runs 24/7 may be a candidate assuming it's easier to configure than the router.

I too have a DiskStation, and I was using it for many things difficult to do on the router at first (ddns, dns server, ad blocking, dhcp server...)

However, I slowly switched many things to the router (but not everything):
ddns seems more logical on the router, as it is the one device dealing with wan and necessarily on all the time.
as soon as I was able to setup the dhcp server of the router to use custom dns, I used it instead of DiskStation.
I kept on the Synology the DNS Server (dealing strictly with LAN) as it is more evolved.
Same with ad blocking, since it is using the DNS server. I improved Steven Black’s syno script to use RPZ with BIND.
So to simplify, I try to use router for anything WAN to LAN (or the opposite), and the Syno for anything LAN related (NAS, local DNS, Ad blocking, music server... ). Of course that is not 100% true as the Syno also do some reverse proxy to dispatch WAN access to my local devices (like OpenHab) using nginx, or as a downloader.

I have a Synology Diskstation that takes care of my DDNS duties. In fact, any device that runs 24/7 may be a candidate assuming it's easier to configure than the router.

somereason when i add my script to crontab -e, the script gets removed after while from crontab.

You cannot use the internal crontab as is.
You need to launch your own cron with your own crontab or use @kamoj addon cron jobs or use Entware’s crontab.

somereason when i add my script to crontab -e, the script gets removed after while from crontab.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!